Day 23: School doesn't teach

Day 23: Things you've learned that school won't teach you

School will teach you how to read and write but will not teach you to understand.

School will teach you how to share your crayons and work in a group, but will not teach you compassion and caring.

School will teach you what to do in your career, but it will not teach you how to keep a job.

School doesn't teach you how to party, how to love, how to cure a broken heart or even how to not freak out when something goes wrong with your car.

I've learned how to be tolerant of others even when they dry hump my last nerve. I've learned how to speak my mind and develop my own individual style. I've learned that high school and college are nothing like real life. I've learned the world is really as cold as we all think it is. I've learned that people deal with tough situations every day. I've learned that after a fall, sometimes you gotta stay down until you are ready to stand up again. I've learned motivational quotes are just words until you give them power. I've learned the only person that will never betray you doesn't exist; even the person in the mirror gives up on you sometimes.


I've learned how to live for myself; how to provide for, nurture and take care of me.

Life isn't a race. There isn't a number one spot. Slow down, breathe and take everything day by day, moment by moment. Don't worry about the past. It's already gone. Don't worry about the future. It hasn't even come here yet. Worry about today.


Thanks, Day 23. I wish you could do magic things like erase people from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...