Day 7: Most afraid of

Day 7- The thing(s) you're most afraid of

As a girl, my first thought is spiders, as an actual thing that I am afraid of. It’s not a fear. It’s more of a disgust issue. They’re just creepy. People say they are more afraid of you than you are of them, but these bitches will not run or crawl or hop or jump away from you. They crawl to you! You are also DEAD WRONG if you think they’re small. Remember, we have such a thing called evolution (left wing-right wing-green-donkey-elephant parties shut up. I didn’t ask you).

BAM! Now talk smack. Do you see the size of these things? So next time I kill its' cousin that is an inch or two long, shut up and let me.
Ultimately, I am afraid of never being happy.  I talk a lot of smack about love, marriage and a family unit and while I may actually feel like that at some point, I often lay my head down and wonder if I will ever be truly happy. I am afraid I will settle. 
I am afraid I will never see the world and die regretting my life. I am afraid that I will let life knock me down like it has many people and at 50, I will be the old lady on the porch telling you the stories of “when I was your age”.
I'm afraid that the bigger and better things are not meant for me and that what I have is just false hope. I'm so afraid of failure that I won't even attempt some things because I have construed a scenario in my head that is a good enough excuse to hold me back.
I guess, in a sense, I am afraid that I will never realize my true potential and this life I'm living now will always be "good enough" but never great.

One day, I may snap out of it.


Toodles! Mondays suck ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...