Day 22: My soapbox

Day 22: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)

This isn't safe. Asking me what bothers me is like poking a lion with a stick when you don't have a fence in between you. It's dangerous and you will get eaten alive.


I will not talk politics, because that just pisses me off. I will not talk controversial topics, because that just makes me want to go change the world.


My pet peeve right now is people asking me when I am going to get married. First of all, just because you got trapped, doesn't mean you have to ask when others will be joining you. Second of all, marriage is a big deal to me. I won't do it because someone tells me I can't. I won't do it because I feel sorry for the person I'm with. I won't do it for convenience or any kind of underlying interest. I won't do it if I am not 100% sure. Third of all, finding someone that you think possess that kind of forever love? Impossible.


No, guys, seriously I'm fine. Stop asking! I enjoy my life. I go out when I want to. I drink. I stay out late. I don't have to worry about cooking for anyone. My apartment stays clean. I don't have to pick up anyone else's shit. I do laundry only for me. I wash dishes when I want to. You know what's sweeter than the sound of a child's laughter? The sound of silence from not having any fucking kids.


Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore kids. I have a married couple that I sometimes hang out with and I absolutely love them. They have two kids, and every time we go over there, their kids are always in my lap or around me waiting for me to read books, play with them, or just generally talk to them. I, never for one minute, found them annoying or wanted them to go away. I absolutely adore their children. They're so much fun and they are so interesting.


Also, did you forget I went to school to be an elementary school teacher?? So, yeah, I love kids. I want kids, just not now. Maybe not ever. Maybe I just want to adore your child and then go the fuck home! Who knows!? Who cares?! It's my life.


It's called knowing what you want and I want to be selfish. I don't want a husband to tell me what to do. I don't want to feel tied down. I don't want to learn how to cook yet. I don't want to lose my identity. I want to travel, enjoy my life, drink, party and not have a care in the world.


So the next time you ask me "when am I getting married", I'll politely smile and ask "when are you getting divorced?"



<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...