Day 25: Let me tell you about you

Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

Before I was born, my mom had a neighbor who she absolutely loved. They had coffee every day. They were really good friends. Mom was pregnant at the time with me and Mira would often help out.


Then I was born. The first time Mira laid eyes on me, she studied me and my face for a while and then told my mother I was the next Socrates. My mother smiled and took the compliment, but she didn't really believe how true that was until I started speaking.


The first time mom told me this story was in Junior High when I felt different than everyone else. The girls were chasing boys, the boys were chasing the girls and all I was worried about was saving the world.


As I grew, I looked at everything with such depth. I always asked why and often researched to find the answers. My friends always knew that they could come to me with any situation because I could see both points of view and would be of great benefit with advice.


I often bear the burden of being a thinker. Sometimes it would just be easier to be stupid. It would be easier to watch the news and go along with any bullshit the government feeds us. It would be easier to be in relationships, to hear the lies and deceit and still believe that person. It would be easier to manage friendships and to have a job. Life is much easier when you're stupid; ignorance is bliss.



I believe that woman cursed me. May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...