La Garriga day 2

Today was a little more hectic. The 6th graders I have, had a "Sports Day" today so they were not in the classroom all day besides at the end. My teacher, Stephanie and I were hanging out for about 3 hours while she was planning things for the upcoming weeks and finishing her paperwork. It is amazing to see how different the culture and the education is here. These kids take their English classes seriously, whereas the students we have who take a foreign language just seem to take it because it's a requirement. Also, their discipline system is very different. Spain is a very loud country; it reminds me of home. Today my kids were a little crazier than usual according to Stephanie, so I am very excited to see what they will be like tomorrow. I met them today and introduced myself. They are wild, but so precious. I think I am going to feel right at home here in the next few days. After class, Susana and I decided to go into town. LOVE the little shops. This weekend we may be going to Barcelona to spend the weekend there and have Alana take us to different sights. :) I'm excited. Until next time, hasta luego.

5 comments:

  1. Just came across your blogt. I really like it!! I am pursuing a career in counseling as well! Great blog and thanks for allowing me to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the lovely comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome! I would love to follow your wonderful blog if I may? I'm from KY as well! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, of course you may follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...