Belle France



Ok, so Monica, Chen and my plan was to leave La Garriga on Thursday (day 9) at 1:30pm to stay in a Barcelona hostel. I came to their room at 1:30pm, Monica had locked herself out and Chen went to print the boarding passes. The reason we were leaving early is because Chen was meeting some friends in Barcelona. The boarding passes finally printed, but we left late and arrived at the train station late so we waited for the 3pm train. We got to Barcelona and looked all over for her friend and at first, could not find her. Once we found her friend, we stopped at a nice little cafe and sat down to get something to eat. Chen's friend tells us that she was in a motorcycle accident not even an hour ago (motorcycle hit her, she reported it to the police). Not only did the poor thing get his by a moving object, she also lost her passport so they had to contact the police to find it. Hopefully they did. Good luck on their voyage. Monica, Chen and I shopped in Barcelona for a while and then decided to take the metro and bus to the hostel. First, my ticket would not scan.

Then the bus did not stop at our stop and continued on for two more stops. We got off and walked on the highway backtracked trying to find our stop. Once we got to somewhere recognizable, we noticed the police officers and decided to ask them for directions. They let us know that "this is not a safe neighborhood and we need to get off the streets." By this time, it is very late and we are very tired and the worst news we could get was that the hostel we booked was in a "dangerous" part of town. We finally get to the hostel and the desk clerk says the same thing. "Ladies, you need taxi not bus to airport." Uh, yes sir. So we get to our rooms, Chen's key isn't working, there is no light in our bathroom, we have no towels but of course we figure things out! We hardly got any sleep! We called a taxi, got to the airport and were ON OUR WAY TO PARIS!!! Once we got to France, we had to find our bus to Paris (which took an hour and a half and was 30 euros round-trip!!!!) Arrived to Paris, got to Monica's hotel room, decided to take a walk around, started walking towards the Notre Dame, got lost and ran into the Louvre. So all's well that ends well. :) This is our couple of days in a nutshell!!! I'm glad I'm a calm person. LOL!
 L’église Saint-Eustache is a church in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, built between 1532 and 1632. The church is an example of the Gothic style in the Renaissance Era.
 The glass showcase in front of Arc de Triomphe. It says Peace on it in many languages. :)
 Château de Versailles- royal palace and absolute amazing. We toured the inside. It only takes about 45 minutes to tour if the palace is fairly empty. There are many rooms that are closed off to tourists, but there are a LOT of them that are open and are ably to be looked through. The King and Queen's bedrooms were open and amazing.
 The entrance to the Palace Versailles. Very beautiful and I believe it's true gold as well. If only I could have chipped off a couple of pieces before we left. :)
 Arc de Triomphe

 The famous Hall of Mirrors inside Versailles. It was simply used as a hallway between the Queen's bedroom and the King's bedroom.



The lovely Notre Dame. Absolutely amazing at night and amazing during the day. It is free to tour inside, but if you go all the way to the top it does cost you some euros, but not much. I didn't go to the top because the bottom was exhilarating enough for me.

I received some bad news from home. My step-dad had to go in for some routine check ups and they found out that he has colon and liver cancer. This is a very bad time for my family and I am heartbroken that I am not with them, but my mom has asked that I stay here and enjoy myself for them. So, that is what I am going to do. So dear bloggers, happy reading and please say a prayer or two for my family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I'm sorry about your step-dad! My thoughts are with him and your mom. But she is right; you need to live it up for them. I'm glad you are having so much fun and able to see so much! Keep enjoying and be safe!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...