16 days left

I have 16 days left in Spain. At times I feel like not a lot of time has passed and then other times I believe we've been here forever. Paris was amazing. I cannot wait to someday go back when I have more time. Susana and I went into town yesterday for Sant Jordi's day. Sant Jordi tradition is that girls get roses and boys get books. No one could explain to me why the boys get books but here is why the girls get roses. In a village in Catalunya, there was a dragon who pestered the people of that village. It would come into the village and eat the people so the villagers made a pact with the dragon that they would sacrifice a person for the dragon to eat. The way they went about this was they would put everyone's name in a hat and they would draw out one name a day. One day, the name they took out of the hat was the Princess' of the village. The princess was on her way to the dragon's lair to be sacrificed when a knight on a white horse appeared in front of her. He told the princess not to go to the dragon, and he went instead. He killed the dragon with a spear and when he did, the dragon's blood turned into roses. The knight saved the princess' life. She went back to the village and the knight disappeared. Sant Jordi's day is kind of like Spain's Valentine's day. Susana and I really enjoyed ourselves in Barcelona! At the end of the night is when things got scary. We missed our last night train and had to take the night bus. We finally asked and figure out the directions to get to the bus stop. Once we arrived in La Garriga, we didn't know where the driver dropped us off so with Susana's Spanish and my Spanish and navigation skills, we finally got back to the school at 3am. It was an adventure, but not one we want to repeat again.


Today, in the classroom my teacher was so frustrated with the kids she was on the verge of tears. She broke down and finally said to me "I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm a bad teacher." We talked for a while and I gave her a lot of advice. I also turned her to Harry Wong and his videos on classroom management. I am already watching over one trouble maker in the classroom and I often stand or sit by his desk to keep him on task. This is no problem for me because I feel like my classroom management skills are strong. I help with English by making sure the kids are on task and learning what they need to do while she teaches. I am excited for the religion class this week because the kids will be skyping my friend Elvis and asking him questions about his religion. Anyway, bloggers! I feel like I'm rambling. Have a good day and continue to say a few prayers for my family. Gracias por todo, mi amigos.

1 comment:

  1. Still sending thoughts to your family, and to you! Sounds like you've been having a great time, and I'm glad. And thanks for the bedtime story, now I'm content enough for sleep ;) Love and miss you bunches & bunches, lil sis!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...