Life worries me

All the kids are traveling for the weekend. The only ones that are left here in La Garriga is Logan, Chen and me. Kristi is here too, but definitely not by her choices (a little ridiculous story). This weekend Kristi and I are planning on kidnapping Alana and use her as our tour guide around Barcelona. Everyone explored Barcelona for the first weekend, and here we are leaving it for our third. Logan is leaving Sunday to travel, and we all do not have school til Tuesday! Yay! I love my kids, but I need a break. Today was a hard day in class. The internet was not working very well so the kids could barely Skype my friend Elvis to interview him. But I was prepared for Plan B and answered some of the kids' questions by myself. They were amazed as to how much I knew about the Islam religion. Research and Muslim friends help a lot. :) Plus I love religions (all religions) and want to know as much as I can about each one. In English class, the kids also made their own books online and it was a super fun excitement. Tensions were there at first and their teacher was pretty frustrated so I pulled my best Harry Wong and turn the lights on and off to get their attention. They immediately settled down because reading with me in the other room did not sound half as much fun as them making their own books. :-) Successful classroom management skill! (I pat myself on the back as I say this).
I am worried about home. My step-dad is still in the hospital and they cannot do chemotherapy until he has gotten better. I cried a bit last night just thinking about home and everything my family is going through, but I am trying to stay strong because they are counting on me to tell them all of these stories that I am sharing with you guys right now. :) I thank God for my friends who have Skyped me because they have kept me sane. (Nader, Sam, Mohammed Nasser, Moe, Elvis and Kim- Thank you!)
Well that is all for now. Oh and our food for this weekend is AMAZING! :)

1 comment:

  1. My heart and thoughts go out to your family and I know it has to be hard being away from them in this trying time. But you know they are very proud of you, and, like me, are living vicariously through you. Excellent job on management and planning; you so rock! I'm so proud of you I'm about to burst! Continue to enjoy yourself, be safe, and have fun. Know that we all love and miss you, and I check this blog DAILY! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...