Without struggle, there is no progress

Dear bloggers,
I visited quite a lot of websites about weight loss trying to get myself into some sort of routine. Health kick has official kicked in and I am sick and tired of the fat girl in the mirror. I've got a lot of information but now I am trying to space out that information and create actual knowledge of fitness. This crap is hard. Whoever said weight loss was easy has been a single digit their whole life. I visited a couple of blogs as well, learning a lot about different people and getting some motivation to continue on my path. I saw this quote on a blog and I absolutely loved it. It is also the title of this post. "Without struggle, there is no progress." Well, if this is true, I should be well on my way to progress. :)

All this time I thought I wanted a workout buddy, but after seeing myself sweat like a pig and look as gross as possible, I think I'm better off working out alone. Yesterday I did another 3 miles, and sweated something horrible! You know the most horrifying things that can happen to you in the gym is looking retarded in front of a cute guy or in front of people who "know what they are doing". Well I ended up with both. I dropped the TV remote, while running, in front of two girls who looked like models. No sweat, no nasty hair, perfection in a body? Yeah, those heifers. I ended up looking clumsy. Then, a really cute guy came to run in the gym and I drop my cell phone, again while running. Horror!

Anyways, I'm going again today.
Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabriela!
    I'm sorry my fitness blog is SO neglected! I think I post more on the FB page I guess. My new gym does NOT have a leg press, but it was a sled which I add weights to and push/pull it along a 50ft track.
    Good job on the 3mile run! That's awesome!
    Did you see that quote somewhere on MY blog? That exact quote happens to be the tattoo I have on my shoulder blade!!
    Don't worry about what other people are doing in the gym, really! Very few people are paying attention to what you're doing, and the ones that are, aren't getting the workout they're supposed to! You're working harder than they are! :)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not a 3 mile run. I wish I could run for that long. With an operated food and no lung capacity, they would be peeling me off the treadmill. I do a sprint high intensity workout. I fast walk to warm up and then sprint for 30 secs- however many minutes I can, and then back down to fast walking again. I trick my muscles into thinking they're smarter than me. :) I saw your tattoo (I have 17) so I decided to name this post exactly that. Love it. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...