Feelings..you either eat them or write them

Hello my dear bloggers. I am not having a "myself" day today. I haven't been feeling like myself for the past couple of weeks and I don't particularly like this feeling. I got to thinking about relationships, love, respect and moral fiber these past few weeks. Talking to my friends and family about love, I still after 11 years of dating have not figured it out. Of course, love is different things to different people. Some may see respect as loving someone, some may see putting someone first as love, some are more emotionally challenged and can only love but not show. There are different variations to the effect love has on us. Me personally, I feel love with everything. When I fall in love, I want to be able to say that this person completes me. Two lives forming one is very hard to find because people lately are just looking out for their own interests and have become too selfish to put anyone else first.
Now with that being said, I've done a lot of thinking and have realized that while I am looking for a relationship and looking for the love that I want and need, I am also working on myself and letting go of a lot of things I should have let go before. For example: feelings for my ex, constant put downs by my step-dad, past hurts that I've let build my wall for me. My mother always used to say "everyone comes with baggage but it depends on how much you care for that person to help them unpack theirs." I think of it differently. People should not put their baggage on you, but nurture you past those fears and insecurities. I'm not saying someone should try to change you, but if you're willing to change, why not help you do it?
Speaking to a friend at coffee last night, I've realized I may be looking at relationships somewhat the wrong way. It's not completely wrong, but there are some things I could definitely improve upon and that was pointed out to me last night. Gotta love when you have friends who tell you how it is. I like that. :-)

I may refine this blog more tonight and add more to it, so if you're following, keep a lookout!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...