Woah, one whole year later


This exact time last year, I was getting in the car with my step dad and heading to Nashville, TN to the airport. I was getting ready to fly to Barcelona, Spain with my classmates to begin my study abroad student teaching experiences. A million thoughts were running through my head. I was nervous, I was excited, I was homesick and cried a little- I'm not gonna lie.

I sit here a year later and am a little saddened. My step-dad passed away almost a month ago. I am not in my selected career. I chose to come back to the United States when I should've, could've, would have stayed there. All of these "regrets" going through my head, but I smile when I think of this day last year. 

On this day, my step dad was alive and well. On this day, I was getting ready to embark on the biggest trip of my life. On this day, I grew up. On this day, I became a woman. On this day, I felt alive.

My first step on Spain soil and I had the biggest smile on my face. The month spent there made me grow up, made me change, made me appreciate all the good and bad in my life. It also terrified me and it made me question my life.

What I wouldn't do to go back to Spain? I would give my firstborn. Kidding..No, seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...