Hopeful or Hopeless?

Hello dear bloggers,

I recently asked a few people what they think romance is and I have yet to receive a full, honest answer from anyone. I even Googled it because everyone knows that Google is all-knowing. 

Of course, the opinions of men and women have been distant and different since the beginning of time. The few answers which I did receive generally stated the same things.
-Romance is in the men's relationship job description
-Romance is that little extra
-Romance is the way to show love
-Romance is necessary in any relationship in order for it to survive

Google says in its best dictionary terms "Romance as a noun is a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love."

I, personally, just want to know what happened to today's society and today's generation of young men and women in love. I would love to go back to the 1950-60's and live there because chivalry wasn't dead, love was shouted from the rooftops in way of a song and couples defined their relationships as serious, not just "waiting to see what happens."

I refuse to believe romance and romantic love are dead. I still believe that true love exists. I still believe in getting butterflies when a man touches you. I still believe people can change.
 Is this something that can be done easily? No. Men and women today are emotional retards. They've been hurt, cheated on, stabbed through the heart and disappointed. Everyone has a wall with barbed wire around their hearts.

But once you find someone who is willing to deal with 100% of your baggage, who is willing to love you and accept you as you are, do everything in your power to be what that person needs from you. They may need to hear "I love you" more than once a day. They may need to feel wanted and cared for. They may need to feel taken care of.  They may need you to learn how to do things you haven't done before.
"Remember, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

If you're closed off with all the females or males in your life and then you wonder "What happened" when it's over, sometimes you need to re-evaluate yourself and your behaviors and think "What can I do differently?"
Learn new things. That's what LOVE is all about.

Everyone has been hurt; stop using those things as an excuse for being an asshole or a jerk. Excuses are just sentences we use not to do the things we're really afraid of. And what is everyone really afraid of? The absolute same thing. Getting their heart broken again. This may happen, but are you willing to say YOU lost the person because YOU were afraid to love them like they needed? You were afraid to learn what they needed?

I am the number one person afraid of love. I am the one that is always caught running for the hills, hiding their feelings. Closing off. Not anymore. I know what I need and want, and I will keep searching until I find it.


1 comment:

  1. We know me i have some thing to say about every thing but this one leaves me speachless. And kinda makes me want to go kick the hubby haha. You know me i am a hopless case of i know there is some one made just for every single person. Soul mate rule.

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...