Worst fears have come alive

 After a year of battling cancer, after the clean CT scan, after the cancer came back and after all of the hope and prayers, I'm sad to say my step-dad passed away March 15th at 8:30am.
The whole funeral was taken care of by Johnson-Vaughn-Phelps and it was absolutely beautiful. Since we have come here from another country, no one knew how to even begin taking care of his funeral. They lead my mother and brother through picking out everything and were sympathetic if we didn't understand something. The mass was performed by Father Josh from St. Joseph Catholic Church on March 19th and then burial was at St. Joseph Catholic Church cemetery. The visitation went well. Many friends came and visited, and I am sorry but I don't remember who all was there but thank you. Some who couldn't make it to the visitation, came to the church and thank you as well. Some just came to the burial site and thank you as well. I cannot remember how many faces wished me condolences, cried with me, cared for me, drank coffee with me or comforted me, but thank you all!

My favorite picture of my step-dad and mom..even though he was sick back then, he wanted to take a graduation picture with me.
I have no words to describe how I'm feeling at this moment. The sadness has been placed on pause in order to make sure my family is OK. My time will come. Until then I am a walking zombie. Don't ask me about life, don't ask if I'm "OK", and don't treat me like I'm going to break if you touch me. Life in the world continues even though the life inside you comes to a screeching halt. We must keep moving.


Please don't think this is morbid, but these are the last pictures I have left of him..


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry I've been out of touch. I had no idea about his passing. :( I'll pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...