Why couldn't I have lost my passport?

So, I'm back.

No, don't get excited.
Seriously.. I'm not. I left sunny, beautiful, exhilarating Mexico 87 degree weather and came back to 4 inches of snow and ice, accidents all over the roadways. Oh, and to top it off I was stuck at mom's on Sunday and was late to work on Monday because of this white shit.

Blah. Anyway, about my heaven of a vacation...


 The moment I arrived at the hotel, I ran to the window to check out the view. This was it. Oh glory be to God, if this is Heaven I am going to church on Sunday. Just kidding. Next thing I did, of course, was go to lunch and have una cerveza (a beer or five).


Besides checking out the views, on the beach is where I spent my vacation. I mean, can you blame me? Of course, I am a girl so I did some shopping and some drinking, but mostly my buns were in the sand. 
The first sightseeing tour was Chichen Itza, our 7th World Wonder, The Mayan Ruins. Being there was fun even though it was a lot of walking. It was very educational and very inspiring. I love history as long as it's fun and our tour guide Alejandro (Alex) made it amazingly entertaining. While I was there, I bought a Mayan pendant that has my first name initial engraved in Mayan language. I am wearing the pendant now. Also, I received a birth certificate painted in Mayan language on this old piece of paper that reminds me of the Egyptian papyrus. 

The next tour we went on was to Isla Mujeres, the Island of Women. The reason it's called that is because of the many statues of women on the island. We got there by a catamaran, swam, snorkeled, ate and lounged on the beach a little. When we got there, we took a taxi tour of the island where I held a shark and took many pictures of the island. 



The snorkeling was the best part for me. My dad always used to say I should have been born a fish and trust me my fish instincts came out in Mexico.




 The next tour was Xel-Ha Park! Oh em gee! It's like a water amusement park where you can swim with dolphins, swim with manatees, snorkel, scuba dive, do underwater walks, handle macaws and see lots of reptiles. Plus there are three restaurants in the park and all the food and drinks (alcohol as well) is included in your entrance price. We didn't waste time. We immediately snorkeled for hours, ate and drank until we were happy and then went to do the activities that we wanted to do.




So again I say...Why couldn't I have lost my passport???




6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great vacation. I would LOVE to do something like that. Did you plan it all yourself, or go through an agency??

    Stopped by from Fitness Blondie's blog hop today.. :) Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :) I went through Expedia to find an all-inclusive resort and flight in a package. Once I got to Mexico, the resort has a travel agency OR there are usually guys in the city that are from another travel agency that are selling the packages for activities for cheaper OR sometimes if you go to another resort for breakfast and for a timeshare presentation they will give you discounted tickets to wherever you want to go. This is all what I've done. :) I hope you go!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, these photos are so amazing. I'm so ridiculously jealous!! I could definitely use a vacation right now where they have some sun and palm trees! I also nominated you for the Sunshine Award!! You can check it out here :)

    http://emzrant.blogspot.com/2014/03/fridays-favorite-finds.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, thank you for the nomination love! I am going to go do that right now! And about Mexico..Oh..My..God. My mother kept texting me while I was there making sure I was for sure coming back to reality. I was dead set on just finding a sugar daddy or a part time summer job and just staying to lounge forever. I can live off of bananas and apples right? :)

      Delete
  3. OMG!! This trips looks uh-maze-eeeng!! what wonderful pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely enjoyed myself. The trip was so relaxing. :)

      Delete

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...