Day 31: Memory

Day 31: A vivid memory

My memories recently are not the greatest things in the world because so much bad has happened in such a short time that the only thing I remember are the sad moments.


I have many memories I can remember but none are really worth blogging about and some are kind of private. I feel like if you guys are going to keep reading I need to keep it PG-13 up in this bitch. By saying bitch, it's totally not PG-13 anymore, but who cares? If I think really hard about it, I can at least come up with one.


I remember the day I arrived in Spain. I was up all night. I just couldn't sleep. I was so excited to make my dream come true.


I picked up my packed belongings from my sister's bedroom floor and on my step-dad and I went. He drove me and of course lectured me for the hour drive about how to be safe abroad in a foreign country. I kept thinking "wait, we are foreign as well. I'll be fine," but he kept talking so I kept listening.


I arrived at the airport and met with my group of friends.You can see the scared looks on our faces but we were keeping them at bay. We were too excited. Whatever happens, happens. We marched forward through security and settled in at the gate.


We boarded the plane and after a LONG trip, we landed in Barcelona. The moment the double doors opened and I exited the airport, I took a deep breath of the fresh Barcelona air and fell in love. It was the best experience of my life.

After we got off the plane, we took a bus to La Garriga where we would be staying. It was a small, little town outside of Barcelona but it had such personality.


the train station in La Garriga
I will never forget the ice cream bought in this train station. My trip to Paris started with this train station and ended in the best 4 days of my life. I'll never forget the walk up the hill to get here and going through the market on Saturdays. I'll never forget my friend Tariq walking with me at 5am to the train station before my trip to see my father.
I will never forget Barcelona. It is engraved into me. Into my heart. Barcelona helped make me who I am today. It gave me the strength when I didn't think I could go on anymore. I will go there again. I will fall in love again. I will breathe the fresh ocean air again.



Christopher Columbus statue at the end of La Rambla
a little alley off of La Rambla


Gaudi building
Barcelona port
Another Gaudi artwork


Barcelona port





Sagrada Familia
Me on the top of Sagrada Familia



Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral
Park Guell


View from Park Guell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...