Fingers crossed

Before I say anything in this blog to piss anyone off, let me just clarify that I don't care if I do. 
I don't care if you're a democrat/republican/independent/green party/purple/unicorn or otherwise. 

I don't care if you agree with me. 
I don't care if you are easily offended.

Ok now, on to my stuff. On Monday, May 13th, the Senate will be voting on the freedom to marry. This is for Minnesota and the reason it's important for me is because my brother lives there.

I feel strongly for equality in marriage, and not because I am directly affected by it or indirectly through a family member. Some of you are already scrunching your faces with disgust, quoting the Bible and praying that I find Jesus.
Believe me, Jesus has been found and the Bible sits on my desk in my room.
Moving on.

Marriage has already been redesigned. If you have not sold your daughter or your sister for a sheep, a cow and a sawed off shotgun, you have already redesigned marriage.

If you are not marrying a virgin, you have redesign marriage; and according to the statistics on teen pregnancy, I believe finding a virgin is like finding a needle in a haystack. Good luck with that if you're trying.

I support marriage equality. I support human rights. They are human rights for a reason, not heterosexual Caucasian Christian American rights or anything other.


I cross my fingers now and will keep them crossed until Monday. I hope this passes, because it will mean something big for me and my family. I hope you will choose to do it with me. Tell your senator to vote yes.

Being gay or straight is not something that is chosen. It is your, their, his, her, my way of life. Why make us be anything different?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...