Another day, another feeling

Oh my. I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, then I got on here to check and what do you know? A month and a half gone and I haven't written anything. You know, I have 10 followers, many people probably do not even read it but I do it because it makes me feel better. I get it off my chest and move on with my day.

A quick update before I go off on my thinking.
Life- About the same
Work- Still working for the same company
Love- Dating someone

I wrote a status yesterday because I was overwhelmed with feelings and stuff. "When you love someone, you accept that person for who they are and not what you want them to be. If they have a lot of baggage, you stand by their side and help them unpack it, rather than add to it."

So, now that I have sat down and re-read my status, I have thoughts about it, as well as questions. How much are we willing to unpack of other's baggage without expecting something to give? Do we stay if the person has more baggage than us and you have to deal with more things in their past than they do? I joke around with my friends and often tell them "it's easier for me to date a virgin". This is obviously a joke, but sometimes I wonder. Are even the virgin nowadays full of their own crap from the past? The only time someone significant in my life has had to deal with my exes or anything from them, was if the ex was brought into my life by me. I have done this before and I am not ashamed to admit my wrongs.
Is it possible to date someone who is divorced, has kids and/or has psycho exes that are ruling in his daily life? Can things be overlooked just because you love this person and want a life with them? If these things directly affect you through him, does that make this your problem as well?

There are so many questions in the world and not enough answers for me. Many of the reasons I ask these questions is because I am unsure of how to deal with my own emotions and reactions to someone else's past. My mother and my father are divorced. My mother remarried, my father did not. My mother had another child with the man she married. My father had no kids other than the ones with my mother. Once they were divorced, they barely spoke other than "It's your weekend with the kids" and "When are you picking them up". My mother never meddled into my father's relationship even though they had kids and my father never did either (although he did badmouth a lot). Is that not possible anymore? The kind of respect someone needs to have towards a third-party who has nothing to do with you or your kid- is that nonexistent?

I have dated many people with kids and baby mama drama, ex wives, psycho exes, etc. I was able to deal with things then. I have also recently dated someone with no ex wives, psycho exes or kids, and the freedom was amazing. Am I just too old for the empathy to be able to go through this again or is it that I am more mature and have started demanding some consideration towards myself?

I guess what I'm trying to ask: If you love someone, just how far are you willing to go for that person when they really don't have to move mountains to love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...