Green with..jealousy?

Hello! Toodles! Hola! Cao! Zdravo!

Sorry, two hours of sleep and this is what happens. I get very hyper and very bouncy, and then I predict a long nap when I get off work. Probably won't happen, but a girl can hope!

Ok, interesting conversation me and the boyfriend had yesterday. I swore to myself that I would not mention boyfriends in my blog because I don't know how long the relationship will last, but 6 months and this one hasn't ran yet, I take as a good sign.

Anyway, Gabi, get on with it. Well, jealousy. We all have it. Some of us have it less than others, some take it to psychotic levels, some let it take over their relationships and some don't even let it bother them. Now, the question is where does the jealousy come from? Are you jealous of the person's time with your significant other? Are you jealous because you're cheating or doing something you're not supposed to be doing yourself? Are you jealous because you're afraid your significant other will find more in the other person than you?
And then ask yourself who this person is in your lover's life and what do they mean to them. Are they friends? Have they dated? Has anything between them ever happened? Or even almost ever happened?

For me, I was only jealous a few times in my life. Once, my fiance at the time went to work (he was working in a factory) in his nice clothes. He was line leader but I knew that the job was dirty. As always, we would get up in the morning. Every time he would leave the house, he would kiss me and tell me he loves me. This morning, he woke up, got ready and left. No kiss, no "I love you".. Just left. When he came home from work, he was wearing his nice clothes. 3 years with this man and he NEVER did this. All of a sudden, jealousy struck and millions of questions were asked.

The second time was when a boyfriend decided to keep his ex girlfriend in his life because of a dedication to her father and some money owed. We won't talk about this. This man is an idiot, but all I can say is this is where my self-esteem issues started.

Last time is now. This time, I just love him. I'm jealous because I don't want to lose him. I don't want to share him. I don't believe an attractive man and woman (who find each other attractive too) can be friends without one person having feelings of some sort for the other.
 I don't want him to wake up one day and say "this is not where I want to be and you're not who I want to be with." The girl that I am jealous of is someone who would be perfect for him. She's smart, she's funny, she's pretty, she's got the same culture (I do as well, but I'm more Americanized), same way of thinking, they share so many interests, they have a history. She's a better pick. Comparing myself and her, I don't see the benefits of him dating me. And I know this, because I am blunt honest with myself and those around me. I don't put myself down. I see the reality of things. Although we are our own worst critics, much of what we criticize is true.

So anyway..jealousy? The question is not how to understand it. The question is how to get rid of it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...