What they don't know, won't hurt you??


Hello my dear readers!

Recently, I learned that people actually read my blog and I was very excited about it. I figured some of my close friends did, but I didn't know my FB friends were enjoying my semantics being written down as well. :) I really appreciate it guys.

So, my blog inspired a talk with a friend the other day. We were talking about life, drama and what we're willing to deal with in life, in relationships, friendships and also in this God forsaken town.
Let me back up a little bit and tell you about the town I live in. It's a small town (about 60,000) so you see the same people downtown, in Wal-Mart, at coffee shops, etc.
Let me back up a bit further. I am also Bosnian, so I run in the Bosnian community as well. We are a very nosy people and I say this with very little humor. I mean, I can guarantee you every Bosnian mother looks out the window when a car parks in the neighbor's driveway, or when she hears someone walking or talking outside. And this is just the cute stuff they do. This is not mentioning the horror of all the gossip we exhume out of our mouths.So moving forward now; small town, nosy people, gossip. Put those things together and you know the reason why I have nightmares at night.

Ok, so I have a lot of daily occurrences where people are in my business. Here are some of those lovely questions and/or statements:
-Do you have a boyfriend?
-When are you getting married?
-You would look so adorable with a baby. How come you don't have one? Do you hate kids?
-He has how many kids?? With how many women??
-How serious are you? I mean you're not even serious enough to post it on Facebook? People will hit on you both and "friend you" both because you're single.
-You still go out?? And drink? Don't you have a boyfriend?

Here are my answers:
-Yes
-Never. Maybe not even then. Regardless how I feel about marriage, I'm so tired of this question.
-Adorable is exactly what I want to look like with a baby. I'm thinking broke, needy, dramatic, insomniac, would be some good adjectives too that would go with it. No, I don't hate kids.
-Two and two. My business whether I deal with it or not.
-Hmm, tough question. Serious enough to love each other. Not serious enough for anything else and not stupid enough to rush into things. And Facebook is NOT REAL LIFE. But yeah this does happen.
-Yes. I'm not old, married OR dead. Yes, if I didn't drink, you'd be dead. Yes, anyone who is with me who cannot understand I like to go out sometimes with my friends does not need to be with me.

Now, you gotta understand that these people are not just in your business trying to find out things going on in your life. They are also creating your business for you. When you don't have enough juicy details in your life because you aren't a whore, you lead a normal life, and you haven't been to jail- they create those details for you. For example, I myself have never been a really loose girl. Yes, I have had sex (insert gasp here). Many times. Am I honest about my number? Sure as hell am. Do I have anything to hide? Nope. The worst thing you can possibly find out about me and my life is that I dated an older guy. Way older. Ancient and a ginger. Long story, big mistake. I have no skeletons in my closet. Mine are on the tree outside, hanging.

Look, I love my people. I'm proud to be Bosnian, but these gossips have to stop. I'm tough, I'm independent, I don't need anyone but damn it's nice to have a relationship and I do have feelings which can be hurt. We, as a couple, have enough drama in our lives to deal with. We don't need the rumors or constant probing questions making our relationship harder. It's hard enough. Things are supposed to be easy, damn it.
Things like these are what makes me want to run away from here and never look back. One day, I might.

So now my question of the day: Is it easier being out in the open about everything like I always have been, or should I just hide that part of my life? I've got my own thoughts about it for now. I would like other opinions.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...