Oh my dear student teaching!

Today, I was nervous. I was so nervous I literally thought I was going to pass out in front of my students. I am so glad my classroom teacher is understanding because she asked if she should leave the room and let me get started with my lesson first, and then come back in. She went out for 2 minutes and came back in. Once she did, I was already in my groove. :) It's nice to say that. That doesn't mean I'll be less nervous, NO WAY! It just means that my nervousness paid off. I taught spelling, math and grammar today..in that order. As nervous as I was, all I got was compliments and very good constructive criticism from my field teacher. I've had my very first warm and fuzzy moment this semester. When I taught grammar today, we were talking about tenses (past, future, present). My field teacher and I were talking about our InterWrite board not working. She said "Well it worked before." My most beloved moment came when one of my classroom kids came up to me and said "Ms. Smit, worked. That's in the past tense." I smiled! I want to feel this moment every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...