Blog Day 3- A book you love

Hello Day 3!

Well, how did you know I was a reader, Day 3?

I'm glad you ask because I LOVE TO READ! The topic is "A book you love" and I love all of them, so it's hard to pick just one. There are a few books that come to mind when the topic comes up though and they are:

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom...I was in the 9th or 10th grade (can't remember-I've killed a few  lot of brain cells since then) and I remember getting this book assigned to us as a class project. We were supposed to read a few chapters a day, and then do a worksheet answering certain questions or summarizing what we read; you know the drill. All I remember is I picked up this book and didn't set it down. It just captured my attention and made me cry several times. I love books that are able to touch your emotions as if it were happening to you.

- Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien...I read this book (I had the three books in one) faster than I've read anything in my life. Then I read it again, slower this time, really taking in the scenery it was depicting and the stories of each character. I obsessed over LOTR so much that I even had a guild on an online game I was playing at the time called "Lords of the Ring". And then the movies were made; I watched all of them several times!!


And today, my dear readers, the status of my reading? It's been a while since I've finished a book. I keep thinking I'll read when I work less, when I have more time, when I have more motivation to do things, when I get a boyfriend so we can be "that" couple, when "insert excuse here"- I've started reading several and haven't finished one. Life happens and my concentration is at a -10 anyway, so my book reading has dropped off my list of things to do. I promise, as soon as my brain quietens down and I can breathe again, I'll read again, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...