I'm a woman, hear me roar!

No, this isn't some feminist blog post where I growl at men-owned businesses, demand higher pay or stage a protest with a picket sign saying "Housewives are the new slaves"...Although.. never mind. :) That's a whole other post.

Anyways, as a woman I often feel as though I am hushed all the time. We aren't allowed to be sensitive, sincere, kind or gentle anymore. Most of the "womanly" characteristics, predominantly in 2013, have been viewed as weak. Yes, I do understand there are women who cry just as a form of control. No, I don't know what the difference between those horrid creatures and normal women are, so I cannot help you.

I've seen a lot of women hold back tears on several occasions. Some even hold back emotions. They like a guy a lot, but they don't want to seem too crazy, too pushy, too sensitive, too needy. As a side note: Guys, you don't fucking help us feel normal either. Most of you just play games to get what you want. But trust me, we're all big girls. We can all handle the truth. If you want a booty call, say it and then we have two options. Give it up or don't and wait for the next one who wants commitment. If you tell us, then the chance of us developing feelings and being hurt in the long run is slim.

I don't see a need for games. You know which ones I'm talking about.."should I text, or should I wait for him to? Will I seem too pushy if I say I want to see him again tomorrow? Does he want something serious or is this just a fling?" There is one solution for this: ASK. Speak. Open your mouth and let the words come out. You have nothing to lose, but you have your self-respect and esteem to gain. You will feel much better when you know where you stand with someone.

My point is, as women, we are affected by everything. We are emotional creatures, we are the gentler sex, we are the care-takers. Let it happen. Don't cover your tears. Don't bottle up your emotions. Don't hide that chip on your shoulder. Don't be quiet about how you feel in any given moment. Don't let someone take advantage of your tenderness. I mean, after all..what do you have to lose? Either way, they call us crazy. If we're too emotional, then we're crazy. If we're quiet, then we're not social. You can't please everyone but there is one person who depends on your happiness. YOU! Take care of you first.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read what you think. Do not be ashamed to leave me comments; good or bad. I will respond to you!

Second chances

Well hello there! I have been in a more creative mood lately and wish my ADHD would allow me to sit down and write them out. I have been jou...